The staff of Rosemont Elementary School resolves as a group and adopts the following reading philosophy statements
- Reading is defined as a visual perceptual process that allows one to get meaning from print and non-print.
- Reading is an integral part of the communicative process, including observing, speaking, listening, and writing.
- Reading makes available many and varied materials and a variety of instructional approaches to meet individual needs.
- Reading prepares the student to function in many different social situations where reading is required including both function in many and recreational reading.
- Reading provides an ongoing program of evaluation for diagnosing individual needs and developing prescriptions to meet these needs.